Heart and Lungs

A friend of mine who was a former RN once told me that most heart issues start as lung issues. This makes intuitive sense to me because the lungs oxygenate the blood and the heart pumps it and they are right there together.

Furthermore, my experience suggests lung issues start as sinus issues. If the sinuses don't protect the lungs, then there are far worse lung issues.

Heart

Arteriosclerosis: One study prescribed a vegetarian diet with fat limited to 10 percent of calories for post operative bypass patients. They reported bring able to eat all they wanted, not count calories and saw Wright drop away like magic.

Long QT Syndrome: My understanding is that this is due to magnesium deficiency.

Cardiomyopathy: If there is damage to the heart muscle, adequate protein may help repair it. Egg white is a nearly "perfect" source of protein for most humans.

Co-Q-10: This is the coenzyme for melatonin. I was told by someone working at the CDC that it is produced in the body in a 17 step process and, thus, easily becomes deficient. I was told it wakes the brain up and should be taken early in the day and twelve hour later it produces a melatonin spike.

My experience is that it is closet to fourteen hours later, but I have a genetic disorder. I used this to repair my chemical waking-sleep cycle after getting off a bunch of drugs. My understanding is that it does good things for the heart, brain and lungs. I took a LOT of it for a few years.

Lungs

Salt is a major component of mucus. Good quality salt, adequate hydration, clearing out your sinuses with a saline wash and taking prophylactics, like oil of oregano and guaifenisen, can do wonders to support your lungs. Existing posts that may be pertinent: Things I consume as lung support:
  • Onions (raw is best, or only lightly cooked if your stomach can't take that -- though I am also happy to munch on deep-fried onion rings)
  • Mints
  • Lettuce (to combat acidity)

Popular Posts