Killing Trypanosoma

One of the things that makes this infection so challenging is they change their protein markers to evade the immune system. They basically camouflage themselves.

So, the general pattern of what works here is mechanisms that kill them without relying on identifying them.
  • Drop the blood sugar so they starve. (Fasting; cut sugar from your diet; maybe go keto?)
  • Reduce other infections so they starve. (Proviso: This will initially cause a feeding frenzy and two-front war, but in the long run it cuts their food supply.)
  • Create a firestorm in your blood to fry them. (Lung support to improve oxygen intake or going up in altitude and coming down are options for doing this.)
  • Heat treat.
  • Capsaicin -- the active ingredient in hot peppers -- seems to kill "everything" (viruses, bacteria, parasites) and has proven helpful to me in combating this infection. For a loading dose, you might try adding something very hot, like habanero, to your dinner for a week or two and then consume milder peppers for the next few weeks/months to help keep the dose up. Repeat as needed.
  • Quinine is an antiparasitic used to treat malaria. You can buy it without a prescription because it is found in tonic water. It takes something like 100 ounces a day of tonic water to reach a medicinal dose. I DO NOT recommend doing that as it can cause headaches, nausea and other nasty side effects, but a 4 to 8 ounce glass once or twice a day can be useful.
  • Remove body hair and cut your fingernails and toenails. They feed on keratin, so they infect the joints, but it's also what hair and nails are made of. (I actually shaved my head four times one year -- and the first time put me into serious shock, so PLEASE click the link and READ IT.)
  • When they die, they poison you in a way that leaves you feeling hopeless and depressed. Cinnamon helps take the edge off.
  • In addition to causing a sense of hopelessness, trypanosoma die off can cause black gunk underneath the fingernails. This is usually followed by fingernails breaking and needing to be cut. (It looks sort of like you have been digging in the dirt and got dirt underneath your nails, only you usually wake up like this.)
  • When I was really, really sick and doctors didn't know what I had and yadda, the antibiotic Levaquin helped stabilize my health. It was SO helpful, I ordered a second round without a prescription from Mexico a few months later rather than try to argue with American doctors who frequently acted like I was a hypochondriac. Based on that experience, I strongly suspect it helps kills trypanosomas.
  • For years and years, my favorite antibiotic of choice was Zithromax. A few rounds of that after I stopped having unprotected sex with my husband also was instrumental in stabilizing my health. So that may also be useful against this infection though not enough all on its own. (Levaquin is stronger.)
I also drank alcohol for a year and I don't normally drink. I hate the stuff. Never found anything I really like the taste of.

But the white blood cells don't really ID these evil motherfuckers parasites, so these are approaches that don't rely on that.

I have the impression that over time the body can learn to ID them in spite of their camouflaged protein markers, because our bodies seem to have found a way. My son has suggested our bodies found some OTHER mechanism to ID them.

But you can start killing this infection without that.

You need to be on the lookout for symptoms of iron poisoning. They scavenge iron and so what happened to me is I was anemic for years and years and couldn't get enough iron and then I began treating this infection and at some point became symptomatic for iron poisoning. (Taking extra vitamin B to help the body convert the iron to red blood cells may help.)

I have a genetic disorder so I was like "Huh, okay. Where was the iron hiding that I kept taking more and more iron and it was never enough and now my body suddenly has too much?" and then I realized it likely had nothing to do with my genetic disorder. Instead, my body must have been reclaiming the iron from the detritus they leave behind as they die -- i.e. my body was dismantling their dead bodies and taking back the iron.

Note to self: Look up stuff and expand on that idea. What are symptoms of iron poisoning and how do you treat it (other than having periods from hell, like I had for several months)?

Popular Posts