Sex, Drugs and Deadly Infections

Many years ago, I watched some movie whose name I don't recall. It was likely made for HBO.

It was set in a dystopian future where some plague of some sort was a primary plot point. To be honest, I remember very little about the movie.

I remember a scene where a woman is hiding behind a wooden privacy fence and can be found anyway because she is marked with a giant letter P on her chest that their sensors can somehow track -- P for Plague, I guess.

I remember a discussion in the movie about using Saran wrap during oral sex on a woman to protect her from getting the infection. I remember this because that's what I did during my marriage, in addition to using condoms. This movie scene is where I got that information.

I remember a woman in love with a resistance leader. He was infected and she wanted to sleep with him and be his partner -- partner both in the sense of being his lover and in leading the resistance -- and she proposed that when she got sick enough, she would commit suicide by taking an overdose of pills.

And he told her "No." He wasn't willing to sleep with her and infect her.

If you love someone -- or are even just a NOT EVIL MONSTER and hoping to get laid -- you don't knowingly infect them with a deadly infection. You don't have unprotected sex with them on the excuse that you are both already infected. And you don't say "I'm cool with you committing slow suicide over me in the name of love."

If you are male and your partner is female, odds are good you outweigh her AND when you have sex you will leave a little packet of biological material inside her called sperm. The bugs in your system are probably stronger than what's in her system and you are giving her an injection of them whenever you ejaculate inside her, whatever orifice is used.

If you have a deadly infection, celibacy is best. If you are going to have sex with someone -- even if it is in the context of a committed, monogamous relationship -- use condoms, use Saran wrap for oral, do NOT exchange bodily fluids AT ALL -- this means no KISSING either -- and BOTH of you should be taking prophylactic treatments to reduce the odds of transmission even with those measures in place.

If you are shy about insisting on protection: CELIBACY IS BEST and then you don't have to have any awkward conversations about condoms and blah blah blah blah.

I've been celibate for a lot of years in part because I don't want to have those conversations. I was able to insist with my husband that "You are never touching me again without a condom" but from what I gather, MOST women are not able to enforce an edict like that if they suspect their husband is unfaithful or whatever.

While divorcing, after the third guy in a row DISREGARDED my statements prior to meeting him that "A condom is a necessity for health reasons" and I expected HIM to provide it and I STUPIDLY had sex with him ANYWAY, I decided "I'm DONE here. I will be celibate until I'm well enough that I don't feel a condom is a necessity."

In part because CELIBACY IS BEST. And in part because, apparently, MOST MEN ARE FUCKING IDIOTS.

I've had enough of men with college degrees and serious, respectable professions who brag to me what high IQs they have and all this SHIT failing to follow the simple instruction that "I have a deadly condition and doctors have FAILED to ID my ANTIBIOTIC RESISTANT infection. A CONDOM is a NECESSITY for medical reasons."

No, these fools are like "She has a GENETIC DISORDER. I can't catch that. I'm GOOD, yo! LA LA LA NOT LISTENING."
  1. You aren't "good."
  2. Even if you WERE, that's callous disregard for MY welfare, you sorry bastard.
So go NOT LISTEN with some other idiot. I ain't getting jiggy with you.

If the infection you have is NOT deadly AND you are BOTH treating it AT THE SAME TIME, you may be perfectly fine with continuing on with your sex life (within the confines of a MONOGAMOUS relationship) during treatment.

If it is trypanasomas: CELIBACY IS BEST. If you are going to fuck ANYWAY, use PROTECTION and ALSO use PROPHYLACTICS.

If you have trypanosomas and you don't like that advice, get the fuck off my website, you fucking suicidal/homocidal stupid jackass. Because NOTHING I say will ACTUALLY help you. You are going to DIE -- and so will some or all of your sex partners.

So don't waste my time or yours with PRETENDING you are trying to get well if you are having unprotected sex while infected with trypanosomas. It's a CHARADE and you will NOT get well.

Footnote

Potential prophylactic drugs for trying to have safe-ish sex while infected with trypanosomas include but are not limited to:
  • Levaquin
  • Zithromax
  • Oil of oregano
My firsthand experience: My attempts to get better STALLED at some point because I was treating my infection but my husband was not treating his. He would go away for a few days for his work and I would resume making progress. He would come back and I was back at my plateau and unable to go anywhere.

I stopped having sex with him for four months. At some point, he asked what it would take to get me back into bed. I told him "Take the supplements I'm taking. I know you think I'm nuts. I'm not angry. I just think you are making me sick."

He began taking the supplements I was taking to treat my health issues and I resumed making progress. He eventually moved out because we were getting divorced and forward progress got LOTS easier thereafter.

Popular Posts