Shock

Shock is a circulatory issue. Clinical shock can be deadly.

Subclinical shock usually is merely aggravating but should be taken seriously and dealt with. Subclinical shock leaves you feeling cold, listless and unable to mentally focus.

Some things that help:

Try to get yourself warm. Dress warmer, curl up under a blanket, curl up with another warm body (person or pet), eat hot food, drink hot drinks (coffee, tea, hot cocoa), etc.

Caffeine, salt, adrenal support, licorice can help.
Adrenal Support includes good quality salt (especially Celtic sea salt or walks on the beach where you will get the ocean minerals), wild yam extract supplements, eating actual yams, lysine, good quality licorice with real licorice extract and vitamin C.
Get adequate hydration. It may make you feel colder and you will need to address that fact but dehydration negatively impacts circulation, so one way to treat for shock is to work at getting adequate hydration.

Coconut water is a super hydrating fluid. If regular drinks aren't enough, drink coconut water.

Over the many years of getting better, I've dealt with a LOT of subclinical shock. I sometimes went through long periods where dealing with subclinical shock following a meal was pretty routine.

The only time this was something that was a serious concern was the first time I shaved my head to treat for trypanosoma.

My initial reaction was "Oh, god, this is WONDERFUL!!!! I wish I had done this a lot sooner!!!!" because it clearly removed trypanosoma from my system without giving them the opportunity to poison me as they died. The infection got beat back without being followed by misery and abject hopelessness.

However, on day three, still cold in spite of pro-actively anticipating a shock reaction and having not really slept the two nights before, I was like "Oy. I could like DIE if I can't get warm and get to sleep tonight."

At that point, I decided it was a good thing I hadn't shaved my head sooner because I might not have been strong enough to survive it.

I shaved my head I think four times total over the course of a year. The following incidents were not nearly so much drama. Just that first time had me going "Oh, god, I might DIE from the shock."

If you have trypanosoma, hair removal -- from head, face or body -- can be a useful tool in treating it. But if you are very sick, you might want to be a bit conservative to gauge how strongly you react.

Cutting fingernails and toenails will also remove some trypanosoma parasites from your system. They feed on cartilage in the body, so they settle in joints. Hair and nails are basically the same stuff as joint cartilage (keratin).

Popular Posts