Logan's Run is Over

It is 8:29 a.m as I get off the floor of my apartment to write this.

I have had a rough night on the tail end of multiple really rough days as I sweat out god-knows-what and similar drama. I woke up not long ago but was not really ready to get up.

As I laid there half awake and half asleep, I saw a dream-like image in my mind's eye of a crystal flower falling out of the palm of my hand where it's been embedded my whole life. My life clock that dictates an early death.

It's an image from a book called Logan's Run where the world solved its overpopulation problem by limiting how long anyone could live. You got a crystal flower embedded in your hand at birth and on your 21st birthday it began blinking red-black to signify last day. Time to die.

I have a genetic disorder with a life expectancy of 36. I think it means I've solved it, my too-short life clock has fallen away. I can live a normal life now.

I think secondarily the image implies that what I know could mitigate the problems we have from our current state of "world overpopulation." What I do is a very lightweight solution that shrinks the carbon footprint dramatically.

The only problem being no one listens to me. The world sees me as a loon which has condemned me to talking to myself in my little corner of the internet.

Popular Posts