Trypanosoma

Trypanosoma is a class of parasitic infection that includes African Sleeping Sickness and Chagas Disease. Chagas Disease is also known as American trypanosomiasis and it is the infection that is spread by "kissing bugs," so called because they frequently bite humans near the mouth (IIRC).
Up to 45% of people with chronic infections develop heart disease 10–30 years after the initial illness, which can lead to heart failure.
My recollection is that it typically takes between twenty and thirty years for trypanosomiasis to become life threatening. However, this is presumably "on average" and for otherwise "normal, healthy" people.

I was 27-28 when my ex did a six-month tour of duty in Saudi Arabia and I spent a year at death's door when I was 35-36 years old, was finally diagnosed with Atypical CF after months of being bedridden, etc. Doctors jerked me around all year and I began googling medical info.

Trypanosoma was the ONLY thing that fit my symptoms and I had begun having bad dreams about "dragon eggs in my skin" and nonsense like that after my husband returned from Saudi. I believe he brought back a strain of trypanosoma and infected me sexually.

As noted elsewhere on this blog, anytime my husband reinfected me with something I had given him -- like a cold -- it was more virulent the second time around. I think it took me less than a decade to nearly die from trypanasomiasis due to a combo of having atypical CF and being repeatedly reinfected during sex with my husband who doesn't have CF and whose generally stronger, healthier baseline physiology inevitably bred stronger infections and this was a big problem for me.

I ran my thought past a physician friend of mine that summer and TLDR of info in another post here I informed my husband he was never touching me again without a condom. After that, my condition stabilized within two weeks after many months of being on a treadmill of antibiotics that kept me from dying but made no real dent in my health issues.

The following summer, I went to GIS school and I ended up on a raft load of medication to complete my course which helped further stabilize me. Twenty-two months of drug withdrawal followed and this also began my efforts to redress my long list of nutritional deficiencies, chemical derangement from years of living with untreated CF, etc.

I also likely have hexavalent chromium poisoning from living not far from where the events took place that the movie Erin Brockovich is based upon. The house I was in had the kitchen faucet labeled as potable water and you weren't supposed to drink from any of the other taps in the house, yet I was taking a lot of hot baths while there due to losing teeth and doctors not wanting to give me antibiotics and all this kind of shit, so I was self treating as best I could.

Hexavalent chromium is a metal or maybe a metalloid, and metal poisoning promotes infection generally and especially parasitic infection. So one of the things that happened in addition to redressing all these nutritional deficiencies, etc, is that I was clearing hexavalent chromium from my system.

There was a particularly dramatic incident where I started to go for a walk with my son, stopped a block from the apartment to throw up in the bathroom of a grocery store for 45 minutes, then opted to continue our quite long walk -- more than an hour each way -- to a Burger King. I would lay down on the trail in the rain and passersby would stop to check on me and my son would shoo them away and say "She's FINE."

I threw up a LOT for a long time. For some months, I threw up all day once a week, three weeks out of the month. I'm fairly confident this was in large part hexavalent chromium clearing my system.

If you have a parasitic infection, you should test for metal poisoning. If you have metal poisoning, you should treat that. Metal poisoning actively fosters such infections.

Parasites feed on detritus so you end up having a two-front war. You need to kill OTHER infections in your system that they are "farming" and as you kill that stuff, the parasitic infection will go into a feeding frenzy, hatch-out at a greater rate than normal and want to bloom.

You have to temporarily up your efforts to kill BOTH infections to make headway. It was usually only a two or three day block of time that was really bad anytime this happened at first.

As your general infection load diminishes, there is less for the parasitic infection to feed on. The parasitic infection will gradually become less of a problem as it has less to feed on.

One reason to suspect tryapanosoma would be if you have cardiomyopathy:
As of 2020, approximately 300,000 infected people are living in the United States, and in 2018 it was estimated that 30,000 to 40,000 Americans had Chagas cardiomyopathy.
I have been battling this infection for a lot of years. I know a zillion things about it and can't manage to organize my thoughts adequately to put it all in one post. Here are a few thoughts:
  • Zithromax was my drug of choice when I was on antibiotics. It likely helps kill trypanosoma.
  • I was on Levaquin twice, after which my condition stabilized to the point of "my normal" where I only needed antibiotics during times of stress, like Christmas and college mid-terms and finals, instead of every time I turned around. Levaquin likely helps kill trypanosoma and is a stronger drug than zithromax.
  • They feed on cartilage. Hair and fingernails/toenails are made of the same stuff. I shaved my head four times one year to help get my infection under control.
  • Being up above 6000 feet above sea level three times one year and going down in elevation seems to have made a big difference. Some weeks later I ran an intense all-body fever for some weeks while sleeping up to 18 hours a day and then had periods from hell for six months.
  • As I got the infection more under control, years of anemia turned to iron poisoning. If I were male, I probably would have had to get bled to resolve that instead of having periods from hell.
There are a zillion other things to say about it, but I would like to just get this published and maybe tweak the page later or add other posts.

WARNING

If you think you have trypanosoma or ANY parasitic infection, please be conservative. Parasitic infections are notoriously nasty infections.

Stay OUT of the mountains (flying in a pressured cabin is okay) until you are more stable. Do NOT shave your head until you are more stable (shaving SOME body hair is okay).

Every time I came down out of the mountains, I was hellaciously sick for a few days and seriously concerned I could die. Two days after the first time I shaved my head, I hit a point where I was like "If I can't get warm and can't get to sleep tonight, I could DIE tonight."

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

It will take me time to write individual, detailed posts about each of these things. Remember: This blog is NOT medical advice and you need to be conservative about how you use any information here to try to manage health issues.

Please and thank you!

Popular Posts