Sinus Infections and Ear Infections

I spent a lot of years having sinus infections with double ear infections. I was just infected all the time.

This was challenging to clear up in part because what happens with sinus infections and ear infections is that you have infection inside of your body but it is on a surface inside of you rather than inside the tissues per se. It's not really part of your body, so it's effectively out of reach of your immune system.

It gets further complicated by the fact that the eyes, ears, nose and throat are all interconnected. This is why we have EENT doctors.

So I found that it kind of floated around in there and hid and never really got cleared up. And I began irrigating my sinuses and using other home remedies because the strong antibiotics I was taking on a regular basis simply didn't fix the problem.

I made a special effort to irrigate ALL surfaces of my sinuses and I also made a special effort to get my sinuses and ears hot by dunking my head under water in a hot bath.

So I spent some years making a concerted effort to ferret out the chronic infection that was migrating around my sinuses and ears, infection that was evading conventional antibiotics because it was on a surface inside my body and wandering around those interconnected areas.

I took to treating my ears and sinuses together and also brushing teeth and gargling. I would do all that in one go to try to deal with ALL those interrelated surfaces and miss no hidden spots.

Because if I didn't get everything in one go, then some corner of the dark, damp recesses in my head would harbor infection and it would just come back. And the result was this crud was increasingly antibiotic resistant, which was where I was at when I began pursuing home remedies because the doctors were failing to really fix it.

So if you have any kind of chronic upper respiratory issues, you really need to make a concerted effort to give it no place to hide. You need to make sure you irrigate ALL surfaces and also treat related areas (like the mouth and ears) and you need to be very consistent about that to make progress.

If you don't make a concerted, consistent effort to make a clean sweep of all those interrelated areas, then you kill it in your ears and it goes and hides in your nose and returns to your ears again as soon as you are done with the antibiotics or whatever. Or you kill it in your sinuses and it hides in your eustachian tubes (between the ears and throat) and it just returns at the first opportunity.

I even learned how to irrigate my eustachian tubes, which was quite painful but very effective. (No, I have no idea anymore how on earth I did that. This was years ago.)

Popular Posts