We Live in a Toxic World

Malaria is Latin for bad air. ...If you think the state of medicine has improved over that, think again. Gulf War Syndrome literally just means "Some of our soldiers who fought in the Gulf War are sick and we have absolutely no idea why."
I'm an environmental studies major, so I have formally studied how much humans have fucked up our environment in the last century or so. Plus I have concluded that cystic fibrosis involves a predisposition to being easily poisoned by metals, among other things.

So I have a LOT to say about environmental poisons and it makes it hard for me to figure out where to start. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

Let's start with this opinion: If you have one of the MANY bullshit medical diagnoses that exist today where they slapped a label on a group of symptoms but do not know what causes it nor how to actually fix it, read up on metal poisoning and consider getting tested. Especially if they have decided YOUR bullshit diagnosis falls under the rubric "autoimmune disorder."

Why? Because metal poisoning makes you too acid and high acidity promotes infection. THIS likely explains a lot of so-called "autoimmune disorders" where doctors have decided "YOUR fucked up body just randomly attacks itself for no real reason." Uh, huh.

But don't immediately rush out to a doctor to get treated for metal poisoning. Most doctors have absolutely no idea at all how to effectively treat it. Treating it improperly can make it WORSE.

You can look for the highly prized and out of print books by Dr. Andrew Hall Cutler. Last I checked, they were like a few hundred dollars apiece on Amazon. "No more amalgams" is one of the titles I recall.

He was a "doctor" in that he had a PhD in Chemistry and he worked as a consultant to help people do chelation properly. He used his background in actual science -- something medicine absolutely is NOT -- to calculate the half lives of various chelators and yadda.

Chelation is the way you treat metal poisoning and my understanding is that like the word chemistry that is pronounced like it starts with a K. I understand it to sound like "key-LAY-shun."

Chelators are chemicals that will pull metals out of the body. I have never done a formal chelation protocol, so that's about the limit of MY personal knowledge of chelation per se.

I was internet acquainted with Dr. Cutler through a presumably now defunct Yahoo Group called Autism-Mercury. It was full of anti-vaxxers and people with mystery ailments and loads and loads of baggage about how the medical system had mistreated them, both in the social sense and in the medical sense of the word mistreated.

That also makes this hard to talk about because my source of info is a group of people that many mainstream types would label extremist nutcases. Oh, wait, I already have that label for the crime of getting myself better. Never mind.

The following is a brain dump of stuff. NONE of this is comprehensive.

Cookware

Life is chemistry and cooking is BIG TIME chemistry. The tools you use to prepare your food interact chemically with your food and using the wrong cookware can be a source of metal poisoning.

Avoid cheap aluminum pots and pans. They WILL give you aluminum poisoning.

I like enamel cookware and glass bakeware.

High quality stainless steal is also acceptable. They used to talk about a "magnet test" on Autism-Mercury. People on the internet apparently STILL talk about that, for example here.

Cast iron cookware is fine, assuming you are not iron toxic. Too much iron can poison you but probably anemia due to iron deficiency is more common.

The good folks of Autism-Mercury felt strongly that non-stick coating is the work of the devil.

There are a few other safe types of cookware/bakeware, but I am not recalling them all off the top of my head. Do your research. Start by throwing out all aluminum cookware in your kitchen.

Metal Mobilizers

So I never did chelation but I think I have successfully reduced the degree to which I am metal poisoned and this is a significant contributor to my improved health. How is it that I pulled that off?

I was eating lunch at Chipotle everyday and there was cilantro in the rice. Cilantro is one of several food items I began calling metal mobilizers.

My understanding is they work differently from true chelators in that they don't pull metal out all by themselves. Unlike true chelators, they need a bit of help to really clear metal from your system.

If you are metal poisoned, you need to be aware that some of the things you casually put in your mouth in the name of eating may stir up metals in your system and get them moving around because this can make you sicker if you aren't supporting removal of the metals from your system.

In addition to cilantro, coriander -- a different part of the same plant -- is also a metal mobilizer and so is coconut. Sea salt can also mobilize metals as can other fats that, like coconut oil, are high in medium chain triglycerides. These include palm oil and butter, especially clarified butter or ghee.

This list is probably NOT comprehensive. I am just trying to get SOME info slapped together to start working my way through the mountain of what I know about the topic.

Miscellany

Like every place I go, the autism-mercury list deemed me to be in league with the devil in part because I was treating for metal poisoning without first getting all metal dental work removed from my mouth. It's tricky to do this because metal mobilizers can mobilize the metal in your mouth and worsen your poisoning.

Headaches and nausea are two symptoms of an acute case of metal poisoning due to consuming metal mobilizers and stirring up the metals in your system, which is often about stirring up the metals in your dental work and dumping more metal into your system.

Coffee and hot baths have been helpful to me in moving the metals OUT of my system once they have been stirred up. I also used to eat potatoes to absorb the stuff in my stomach and help promote vomitting as a quick and less painful solution.

If you vomit up toxic stuff that way, it reduces the burden on your system because it doesn't have to traverse your gut to get out. Proviso: Brush your teeth afterwards so you do less damage to them.

I have a damaged gold bridge and this is part of why I believe I am allergic to gold. At one point, I had spontaneous, mysterious bleeding from my cheek over the top of where the gold bridge is. Gold allergies are known to cause spontaneous bleeding and I no longer wear gold jewelry due to my suspicion that I'm allergic.

If you have lead poisoning, you will need to supplement calcium. My recollection is that lead accumulates in the bones so as you pull it out you can leave your bones in a weakened state making them more prone to breaking.

Do NOT ever use colloidal silver as an alternative remedy. It will give you silver poisoning and my recollection is that there was no known chelation protocol for treating silver poisoning, so you are kind of up shit creek if you are taking colloidal silver.

It's possible that metal mobilizers will help with silver poisoning but I don't know. A lot of my knowledge is what gets dismissed all over the internet as anecdotal and I was never tested for metal poisoning, so I don't know which metals I was pulling out of my system. I just know my life sucks less than it used to.

Metal poisoning also screws up the gut and digestion, a major component of cystic fibrosis and of many other serious ailments.

Last but not least: Metal is not the only thing that is poisoning us. Two other sources of toxicity are 1. pesticides (and other things) that accumulate in animal fats and 2. petroleum products, like gasoline and plastics.

Pro tip: Eating a vegetarian or semi-vegetarian diet can help protect you from accumulating MORE pesticides and other toxins found in animal fats so your body gets a break and you can try to reduce how poisoned you are.

If you have CF, petroleum products are a big issue. People with CF sometimes DIE from infections with microbes that are not normally infectious for humans. If you look them up, some of them get used to treat petrochemical spills because they eat petrochemicals.

So I am convinced that part of the pathology for CF is that we accumulate petrochemicals and metals until we are a toxic sludge pool that such organisms think tastes yummy.

Popular Posts