Life is Chemistry

Life is chemistry and everything you eat, drink, touch or breathe impacts your health, either positively or negatively. Better understanding how my day-to-day actions impact my health and making judicious choices about diet and lifestyle has had a positive impact on my health.

I got off a lot of drugs by following the ancient wisdom of Let your food be your medicine, among other things.

If I need blood thinner, I typically eat cinnamon rolls because cinnamon is a blood thinner. I don't need a doctor's prescription for that and it will be a blood thinner whether I know it or not. Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing will depend on what is going on with my body.

Other medicinal choices I routinely make: "Time to take a walk because I feel awful and I think that will help." or "I think I shall lay down. I feel awful and I think that will help."

Life is chemistry. Being more aware of the chemical impact of life on my health has been powerful enough to displace some of the drugs and surgeries conventional medicine would like to use to treat my condition.

Study after study after study indicates that diet and lifestyle play a role in every deadly condition known to humankind, from heart disease to cancer. I'm just harnessing that power somewhat more consciously, intentionally and precisely than most.

I have had some folks wig out and accuse me of practicing medicine without a license for trying to talk to people in a helpful fashion, so I mostly don't do that anymore.

What I am doing has nothing to do with practicing medicine. It's actually about avoiding unnecessary use of medicine.

Popular Posts