Riffing on my last post here and titles are hard and I give up

I used to have a hole in my left lung. I don't anymore. Tissue can be regenerated to some degree if you eat clean, live right and get adequate nutrition to supply the body the building blocks it needs to create new tissue.

This post inspired by my last post here/the horrendous tragedy in Hawaii of many people being hurt by the fires there.

Lung Support: Onions, mint, lettuce, NO bacon because it is hard on the lungs.

Skin Support: Apples, corn (especially white corn), pig skins, bacon or pork is a source of fats I tolerate well BUT I avoid bacon when my lungs are rough.

I now eat a lot of potatoes as my main source of good carbs for The Trifecta that I still need. I STILL need the right carbs, the right fats, good quality salt, so potato dishes are likely a good thing.

My Mashed Potato recipe is intentionally high starch and was something I ate once or twice a day most days for several months at one point to support my healing. New potatoes, baby carrots, sprouted foods and other super fresh/young foods are extra nutritious and typically easier to digest.

I recently did four other posts on enriched foods on my nutrition site in preparation for writing this piece: I used to eat all the skin I could from chicken and other fowl we ate growing up. Cystic Fibrosis significantly impacts all epithelial tissues, including but not limited to skin. So I ate pig skins (a snack of fried pig skin, literally) and chicken skin from baked or deep fried chicken.

Butter, coconut oil, nuts, bacon are good sources of fats I tolerate well. BUT NO BACON if the lungs are messed up.

Cinnamon is an antimicrobial and it's a mood enhancer, but it does thin the blood. This is a potential issue if you use a lot of it or have other things going on. It can be contra-indicated (I mention this in part because my apple quiche flan contains cinnamon).

Some foods I like generally that fit with suggestions in this post:
  • Pizza with pineapple, pepperoni, onion and peppers.
  • Onion rings
  • Outback Bloomin' Onion
  • Baked potatoes, mashed potatoes -- I basically love potatoes. Unless they screw it up with bad oils or something, I haven't met too many potato dishes I didn't like.
As noted elsewhere on this site, I ate a BOWL of lettuce with lunch 3 to 5 times a week at one point. I could tell I needed it that often because my lungs deteriorated if I skipped it two days in a row. I was going to Mo's Southwest Grill and probably eating some kind of vegetarian burrito or something like that plus a BOWL of lettuce.

In additiona to lettuce, celery and cucumbers (NOT pickles, though) are your other two "super foods" for pH balance.

Acidity is the chemical equivalent of a "burn", so if you wanted to treat burns with diet, you should read the link listed in the sidebar as "Gut Health" (real name: Reversing Severe Acidity and Biofilm) and look at other posts labeled pH balance or biofilm.

My understanding is burns and smoke inhalation make you vulnerable to infection. Nebulized Xylitol-Saline is a gentle topical antimicrobial and helps hydrate the lung tissues and replenish the salt and carbs they need.

Copper surfaces are used in some hospitals to reduce incidence of hospital transmitted drug resistant infection because germs DIE on it in about an hour. So some hospitals use copper guard rails in elevators and things like that to reduce this issue. I did BUY copper plate at one time and just set it on my counter.

I got my copper by ordering small amounts of custom cut copper from onlinemetals.com. Here is an HN discussion with some additional info and potential resources.

Superhydrating foods and drinks:
  • Watermelon is superhydrating and good for kidney support.
  • Coconut water is super hydrating, BUT, like coconut oil, it promotes diarrhea.
  • Aloe vera drinks help heal the skin and are super hydrating.
Actually, the NUMBER ONE side effect of ANYTHING actually effective is intestinal drama of some sort. Super-hydrating stuff ALL tends to promote diarrhea. If the diarrhea is too severe, SLOW IT DOWN and work at replacing the electrolytes being lost with all that fluid going out of the system.

For bone damage, you need calcium and probably magnesium, vitamin k and vitamin d. Calcium citrate is bioavailable, magnesium glycinate is bioavailable. As noted elsewhere on this site, bone broth may be useful for getting dietary calcium and magnesium into lactose intolerant patients.

Bone marrow is fatty and it's where white blood cells are produced. I am a huge fan of butter, calcium and b vitamins for bone marrow support. You need those to produce white blood cells.

If you are rapidly healing lungs, there may be a lot of secretions. Do lung clearance regularly, every hour if necessary.

I used to get up several times a night and "puke up a lung" (something described in the last link, above -- bring up so much fluid from my lungs, it felt and looked like vomitting) and the need to AGAIN get up and do more lung clearance was preceded by or signaled by my eyes and sinuses draining clear fluid.

Clear fluid coming out of the eyes and nose CAN be from the brain healing OR it can be like an overflow valve for your lungs filling up with fluid.

Tea is an astringent and can help keep the secretions down some so it's more manageable, but does not remove the need to clear the lungs. Rose petals are also an astringent and I have seen rose petal jam or something online and might have ordered it if I were prone to lung bleeds and/or had more money.

Astringents will help staunch bleeding. It's part of why castle walls in Europe were covered in roses, not just because of the thorns to try to keep out invaders but because the flowers had medicinal uses pertinent to surviving a battle.

And, as noted elsewhere on the site, calcium citrate can be given to help stop lung bleeds. Give "as needed."

Generally speaking, I treat "symptomatically"/as needed. This is an organic approach and my body tells me what I need, not the clock.

Popular Posts