Treating Burns

I JUST published a piece here, then began reading an article about the fires in Hawaii. People are being treated for burns and smoke inhalation and five people have been admitted, which means they have serious injuries.

A ZILLION years ago when I was something like 21 years old -- I was living in Texas and I don't think I had yet had a baby. I think that makes me 21.

I touched the electric burner while cooking and got a significant blister on my thumb.

I had read in a magazine that someone with widespread burns got apple cider spilled all over them, like a LOT of it, and the pain immediately stopped and they healed up better than expected. Apple JUICE is basically watered down CIDER. CIDER is a drink from the apple that's pure juice from the apple.

So I made a cup -- a 32 ounce plastic cup, big enough to put my hand in -- of apple CIDER and added some water and salt and soaked my hand and when it stopped helping, I poured it out and made fresh. I soaked my hand for like the REST of the day (or maybe most of the weekend? -- it was a LONG time ago), changing out the liquid every maybe two hours or something like that. And my burn did NOT hurt as long as it was submerged and when the pain resumed, I changed out the liquid and made fresh.

Years later, I poured boiling water over half my hand and it hurt like a bitch. I again made apple cider or apple juice with salt water and submerged my hand and changed it out any time the pain returned and did this until like 2am when it was finally possible to not have my hand submerged and not be in agony and then I went to bed. And I have NO scars. It healed up.

Apple cider is the same pH as human skin and when mixed with salt and water, it does incredible things to heal burned skin. I've also added like a half cup of salt and a gallon of cider to a bath of tepid water to treat sunburn over large parts of my body.

It STOPS the pain, it speeds healing and it minimizes scars.

I also slammed the meaty part of a fingertip in a folding closet door once and was afraid it was going to turn black and fall off. I soaked it, it healed up.

CONSUMING aloe vera drinks, corn, pig skins and apple juice ALSO give the body the building blocks to help it repair burned or otherwise damaged skin faster.

My maiden name is Irish. In my youth, I had some HELLACIOUS sunburns and sunburn was the bane of my existence growing up as a pale skin in the Deep South. This is NO LONGER a big deal for me. I can heal it so fast I joke about being a troll and having regeneration.

The Trifecta is useful in healing burned skin and lung issues. Burned skin MOSTLY needs the carbs and salt, though.

Proviso: I haven't actually used this on third degree burns, only first and second. I have no firsthand knowledge of how effective this will be for third degree burns.

Popular Posts