Vitamin C

About a month ago, cuz reasons, I spent a bit of time looking into the "vitamin C to treat colds" thing. As far as I know, that doesn't work.

I am unaware of vitamin C being an effective antiviral protocol, though if you are deficient, it might be the weakest link.

In other words, a deficiency may prevent you from getting well and supplementing may help you get over a cold if supplementing vitamin C is resolving the deficiency. But if you aren't deficient, I am not aware of Vitamin C otherwise being an effective antiviral protocol.

As a consequence of poking around on that question, I did begin to suspect I was deficient in vitamin C and ate an orange daily for a while. As a consequence, my cracked, dry hands finally fully healed up.

I had been wrestling with this basically all summer and adding ghee to my diet for a while helped but didn't fully resolve it. It seems to be fully resolved for now.

Popular Posts