"All Natural! No Side Effects!" is Lying Bullshit

Years and years ago, like a little ninny, I would try to kindly and helpfully share what I knew about natural remedies with people in online forums.

I stupidly thought of these folks as "my friends" what with being handicapped, having no life and spending an excess of time online. I just like being helpful and I hadn't yet figured out that, no, everyone knowing me as a reliable source of info and smarty pants in high school or in person doesn't magically translate to credibility with folks who know me online.

Yeah, I'm quick like that.

What I do to manage my condition "naturally" using diet and lifestyle means I'm no longer in constant, excruciating "PLEASE KILL ME NOW" pain 24/7. It means I no longer require digestive enzymes because my gut actually digests food properly. It means I no longer need antibiotics two or more times per year, much less antibiotics with steroids and other drugs for my latest crisis. It means I'm no longer on maintenance drugs, like daily doses of ibuprofen.

Nonetheless, my condition is INCURABLE, so I will never have a "normal" life. I think of it as being kind of like a Kosher Jew. I eat different from other people and live different from other people and I MUST, but I don't have to be completely miserable all the time.

Still, I don't have the energy I had in my youth to do gymnastics and what not and bread and circus remains a big part of my life. I play games for some portion of EVERY day to pass the time while not together enough to write, run errands, and etc.

And Oprah Winfrey hyping her magic diet pills is the bane of my game-playing existence. I'm so sick of watching her dumbassed weight loss commercials that show up in my games.

"Take one gummy a day. ALL NATURAL. NO SIDE EFFECTS."

Diarrhea is a common side effect of antibiotics. Some celebrity, I think Anna Nicole Smith, used some Hollywood diet thing to get her weight down and delicately and politely said to someone in an interview "You go to the bathroom a LOT."

IF you SHRINK dramatically in short order -- something I have done a LOT of with getting my edema down -- AT A MINIMUM, you will GO TO THE BATHROOM A LOT. That is what is called A SIDE EFFECT, so I know Oprah is LYING to you to sell more weight loss pills.

I guess she needs the money to pay for the trucks that haul in water to fill her swimming pool (or something) as an end run around local water restrictions at her estate in California. Can't have climate change inconveniencing her lifestyles of the rich and shameless life, now can we?

Climate change: Only applies to The Little People. A lot of rich people clearly think they will BUY their way out of it.

Maybe The Titanic should be required reading (so to speak) for these idiots.


"Your money can't save you anymore than it can save me."

And she likely LIES to you because you wouldn't buy it if she told you the truth up front and if it WORKS and you actually lose weight, going to the bathroom a LOT is probably NOT going to be a dealbreaker. You will buy her pills again in the future if they work and there are no BIG side effects, like cancer or growing a third arm from the middle of your forehead.

But it is a LIE and if she will LIE to you about that MINOR detail to line her pockets, maybe it ALSO causes cancer but she is betting on you NOT being able to PROVE a connection between her product and your life being ruined by it.

And I say she likely lies to you because otherwise you wouldn't buy it because when I was still a ninny and running around trying to be helpful to people in discussion in forums I would disclose side effects up front and when I told people "It may cause diarrhea." I was often told "No thank you" even though antibiotics also routinely cause diarrhea and no one goes "No thank you. I shall keep my infection rather than have bathroom drama."

Bathroom drama of some sort -- peeing a LOT, diarrhea, constipation, all of the above -- is the single most common side effect of NATURAL remedies. The reality is that there WILL BE SIDE EFFECTS if you ACTUALLY do ANYTHING that ACTUALLY makes a fucking difference.

But go on and keep lining Oprah's pockets so she can more effectively flush the planet down the toilet and don't think too hard about what OTHER side effects her pills may have that she isn't disclosing so she can party hardy not only WHILE the world goes to hell in a hand basket but in a manner that HELPS it go to hell faster.

Popular Posts