Infection in the Head

So if you have infection anywhere in the head, there are two things to know:
  • There WILL be neurological impacts.
  • You need to treat the ENTIRE HEAD to clear it.
If you know EENT's exist, you should have some idea that all the cavities in the head are INTERCONNECTED -- eyes, ears, nose and throat (mouth, whatever). Those areas are cooler than the rest of the head, which allows hiding spaces for germs seeking to survive fever, AND the internal surfaces are technically not really "inside" your body in terms of having blood supply, having the same access to white blood cells etc.

So these internal surfaces are inherently treatment resistant and you need to take special measures to clear infection from them AND this means if you do not treat ALL OF THEM at the same time consistently, infection just kind of migrates around in there, becoming increasingly drug resistant.

Additionally, the most direct access to the brain without cutting things open surgically is through the sinuses. (See this comment and the reply to it for supporting info and links.) The sinuses are a direct pathway to infection reaching the brain and also for treatments reaching the brain.

Additionally, the hypothalamus is not entirely behind the blood brain barrier, so nutritional support for the hypothalamus is a potential means of supporting treatment for brain issues, like infection in the brain. Last, metal poisoning seems to make it harder to get past the blood brain barrier, so treatment resistent brain issues suggest that one should be tested for metal poisoning and treated for it if appropriate.

There's a couple of other gaps in the blood brain barrier, one at the back of the head plus the eyes. I don't KNOW how to use that info to reach INTO the brain BUT they seem to be points where the brain shunts stuff OUT when treatment is successful.

I have hexavalent chromium poisoning, which settles in major organs. I've cleared it from my other vital organs but it still lingers in my brain and I get headaches with eye pain when it is stirred up, I drink coffee to help resolve it and then I get drainage of clear fluid from my eyes and sinuses.
At one point, I took an ear thermometer in the tub with me so I could check the temperature of both ears.

For maximum effectiveness, you should dunk your entire body -- head and face included -- under water to raise your body temperature as evenly as possible. Germs often gravitate to cooler areas of the body and can survive a hot bath in the ears and sinuses if you do not make special effort to target those areas.
So what that does not CLEARLY state is that I wanted BOTH ears to be AT LEAST 102 degrees Fahrenheit (but not more than 104) because otherwise stuff survived in my ears and sinuses. Checking BOTH ears to make sure BOTH were actually warm enough was the best means I had to check if ALL parts of my head were getting heat treated and not just SOME.
How to irrigate all surfaces of your sinuses:
I always got in an Islamic-style, head to the floor, worship-type position and squirted it up into the sinus chambers in my forehead (above the eyes) first. I waited a couple of minutes and then did the bottoms of my sinuses, as described above. I also did three squirts into the bottom part of the sinuses: one with my head tilted to the right, one to the left, and one in the middle. I found that got complete coverage without having to just flood my sinuses. Smaller amounts of fluid like that were easier to tolerate. I didn't feel like I was going to drown.
What I am not seeing stated on that page: I ALSO brushed and flossed teeth and gargled immediately before or after irrigating my sinuses.

I lived long enough to get a late-in-life diagnosis for my genetic disorder in part because it is MILD and I am primarily a sinus sufferer who has had RELATIVELY few lung infections FOR a person with cystic fibrosis. So I basically spent years with my sinuses chronically infected and draining to my ears, causing double ear infections.

Long before I got diagnosed with atypical CF I was CONSTANTLY using home remedies to try to keep that under control and then it would periodically flare up badly and I would end up in the ER where doctors treated me like a hypochondriac most of the time.

Also, it IS possible to irrigate the Eustachian Tubes that connect ears to throat. I have done it. It's been a lot of years ago, so I can no longer tell you HOW I did it. I can tell you it hurts like a BITCH but it does WORK to put a stop to the pain and clear out infection.

Addendum

You CAN also irrigate the ears, which I did for years and years, mostly PRIOR to finally getting a proper diagnosis for my genetic disorder (which I sometimes call "a better label than crazy for my condition"). I don't like doing it and have scar tissue in my ears from putting diluted peroxide in my ears for years and years, BUT if you aren't getting the results you need, YOU can put diluted peroxide in one ear, lay there for up to thirty minutes (until it stops bubbling), turn over and do the OTHER ear.

Supporting links for some of the above:

Popular Posts