MS

I've been doing a little reading about multiple sclerosis. These are my THOUGHTS and I'm not going to provide a LOT of support, but I will say I looked a little at the following links: It is described as an autoimmune disorder and the Wikipedia page has some handwavy stuff about genetics and how it is not known to have a specific genetic cause BUT blah blah blah and I didn't go look up info on all the genes it is "associated" with.

The fact that it "runs in families" to some degree but has not yet proven to be a genetic disorder implies to me that it is probably an infection that is not very easily transmitted. There is historic precedent for that.

This page says (if you click "More about Kuru..."):
Because there was no sign of inflammation in the bodies or brains of the kuru victims, and because kuru tended to appear within certain families, Gajdusek at first believed kuru was an inherited genetic disorder.

Ultimately, the rapid spread of kuru was linked to the Fore's funeral rituals: the Fore cooked and ate their dead relatives. This practice was only carried out by the Fore women and children, who lived apart from the men. This explains why men were rarely infected, and why cases appeared within families.
I do not believe in "autoimmune disease." To me that sounds like "We don't have a REAL explanation and don't want to sound STUPID so we are going to give it a fancy label" and I am inclined to feel it is really rooted in some folks going to hellfire and damnation type churches where people are quick to see YOU as guilty of something and a bad person and causing your own problems.

I don't think it makes sense to say "Your body is STUPID and just misbehaves and attacks itself for NO reason." I have an actual genetic disorder and that's NOT what is going on with MY defective body. My body is defective because my broken genes helped my ancestors survive deadly waves of cholera and TB.

Tangent: Let's talk for a minute about survival of the fittest.

People seem to imagine that means "When you look like Arnold Schwarzenegger, the universe decides you are the type person we want and makes more of you."

Yeah, no. That's not how that works at all.

It's a winnowing process, so the genes that survive tend to be whatever kept you alive in that place and time and in some cases that meant the genes that made you LESS tasty to deadly local disease and that's how you get people like ME.

ONE copy of my defective genes is a survival advantage. TWO is "Ooh, that's bad. If people had ANY sense, they would try to not do that to their kids if they know they have that gene."

So actual genetic disorders exist in part because NOT having that gene was WORSE in some cases. And I just think the handwavy nonsense on Wikipedia about all the genes that are "associated" with MS is probably not hugely useful info.

It's probably kind of like when you take social psychology (or whatever) and they give examples like "Gray hair and length of marriage are associated." Why? Because if you have been married fifty years, you aren't twenty-one years old, duh.

So they may eventually conclude that those genes predispose you to certain infections. Or they may eventually conclude it's COINCIDENCE and those genes are associated with families who had the disease and it's got no real medical relevance.

So on the face of it I think most likely we should be looking for a VIRAL infection (because those have a known history of staying in the body and hiding and going overlooked and jacking you up YEARS later) that likes to feed on fatty tissue because the current "autoimmune" theory is "Your stupid body just attacks the myelin sheath for no reason" and to me that sounds like "Your immune system knows your myelin sheath is INFECTED and is trying to KILL the infection and doctors are the ones being stupid, NOT your body."

This is a blog by a FORMER HOMEMAKER, not a physician, so I am hesitant to add links to this post that imply a course of treatment. Though I will say there ARE two posts listing antiviral protocols on this site and you might find my posts about cancer interesting as well.

If you are wheelchair bound or otherwise getting too little activity, I recommend you read my two posts on quadriplegia before you do ANYTHING and I am going to go ahead and include them here because I don't trust people to actually take precautions if you don't spoonfeed them the warnings: The BEST thing to do if you have something seriously wrong with you is START HERE and follow the instructions there which almost no one ever does, but you can be the first. Or second.

Footnote

In the interest of being paranoid, I will add that IF it is a fat-loving infection chewing on the myelin sheath, you should FIRST use antivirals and only AFTER you make progress should you try to nourish the myelin and nerves using info found elsewhere on the site about treating neurological stuff.

Why? Because if you feed the damaged tissue FIRST without getting the infection knocked back, you MAY just be FEEDING THE INFECTION and actively making it WORSE. This is not a good thing.

Treat for infection FIRST. Give it at least a couple of days before you try adding nutritional support to repair the damage and start getting back your lost neurological function.


Mynocks...Chewing on the power cables.

Popular Posts