Skeptics

So some IDIOT friend of yours gave you a link to my site even though you have tried everything and nothing works and they are all HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL and YOU SHOULD TRY THIS while YOU politely refrain from smacking them in frustration.

I'm proud of you. You shouldn't listen to your idiot friend ANYWAY who knows nothing about your diagnosis.

What you SHOULD do is what I ACTUALLY recommend on the Getting Started post that no one EVER does, but, hey, YOU can be THE FIRST:
I recommend starting a Food and Symptom Journal to try to start understanding your baseline "normal." In theory, you should do that first and establish a baseline "normal" for YOU before you mess with stuff. In practice, no one ever seems to start a journal until after they start trying stuff because they are hurting and desperate and doctors can't seem to fix it.
The super safe and conservative route is:
  1. Read the site
  2. Start a food and health journal to track what you eat, your meds, your symptoms
Do NOTHING ELSE. Make ZERO changes to your diet, drugs, etc.

Either you will have an epiphany and go "Hey, wait a minute, every time I do x, I need y med" or you will go "Nah, waste of my time. What I'm doing now is as good as it gets."

And you have taken zero risks. AND, for extra bonus points, you can honestly tell your friend "I followed her instructions and did exactly like she said and it did NOTHING for me. Thanks, but don't send me anymore SHIT like this. I have a doctor and it's NOT YOU, bud."

FYI if the issue involves psych meds:

If it is treatable with drugs, it's a MEDICAL issue. Otherwise they would just try to talk it to death in therapy of some sort.

If more GENUINE skeptics were interested in my work, maybe it would already be proven medically effective instead of just a silly blog with me howling into the void while trying to not lose my marbles. Skepticism is an essential trait for a REAL scientist, which your IDIOT FRIEND clearly IS NOT what with trying to fast talk you into listening to some "quack" and her internet advice.

Popular Posts