Menstrual Issues

One of the reasons I eat semi-vegetarian and when I do eat meat -- especially beef -- I'm picky about quality is because I found this resolved my issue with "periods from hell" when I was in my twenties.

And I know for a fact it was lower quality beef that was a big factor because in my twenties my husband got orders for Saudi Arabia when it was still classified as a war zone, so he left on three weeks' notice and we partied like we might never see each other again for that three weeks. This involved going to movies and restaurants, so I ate a lot more steak that month than usual and not "premium" meat, but stuff from a lower-end steak house, and my next period was awful again.

So I went back to my semi-vegetarian and PICKY about beef diet and my menstrual issues again resolved, though it may have taken a few cycles to fully resolve.

It's been a lot of years and this occurred well before I was diagnosed with CF and began really learning a lot of what is on this site, but I will suggest a factor is likely that pesticides and such accumulate in the fat of animals.

See also: Eating Cleaner

Popular Posts