If My Hypotheses Prove to be More or Less Right

I've been writing here lately about quadriplegia and such. I have never been wheelchair bound but I did spend 3.5 months mostly bedridden and sleeping up to twenty hours a day and it did take YEARS for me to recover significant stamina for being up and about and especially for being ON MY FEET.

I went through a divorce while still recovering and was job hunting after being a homemaker a long time and one of my requirements was that it HAD to be a desk job because I still could NOT be on my feet all day. My feet and lower legs HURT when I stood too long.

Here is an article about Astronaut and cosmonauts return to Earth after getting stuck in space for more than a year. I skimmed the article and have terrible eyesight but it doesn't SEEM to comment on how impaired astronauts are when they come back after being in zero gravity for extended periods, but you can see in the pics the guy is in what I assumed to be a gurney.

I went ahead and found a video of this landing and it ALSO says nothing about "Wow, zero grav really wracks you up." but you can SEE they get carried off the capsule etc.


Video of the astronauts being CARRIED off the capsule, PLACED in recliners and CARRIED away.

IF anyone wheelchair bound WERE to try some of the info on the site, coolios, exciting, yeehaw. MAYBE my ideas will lead to dramatic improvements for quadriplegics or people with MS or something.

BUT if it works, you are facing a LONG and HARD recovery.

I absolutely did NOT set out to GET WELL. IF that is what you think, let me set the record straight: I began getting well sort of "accidentally" because I was like "Fuck it. I can't do this shit. I want to HURT LESS."

So I began doing what helped me HURT LESS and also SLEEP BETTER and at some point I stopped hallucinating conversations with The Grim Reaper.
One day, in the landscape of my mind, he rode up to me on a black steed, leaned down and peered into my face, then swirled around and rode off. I ran after him screaming "Don't leave me here! Take me with you!"
With that, I knew the death watch was OVER and I would LIVE. And I was NOT HAPPY.

If my ideas actually WORK and you ACTUALLY fix what is wrong with you and repair nerve damage from a spinal cord injury or kill the mynocks chewing on the myelin sheath, you will NOT find yoursel at the END of your health drama.

No, you will find yourself at the BEGINNING of a LONG and HARD recovery because regaining your lost muscle mass and bone density for supporting your weight and etc. will largely start AFTER you can again STAND on your own two feet.

Sorry. I didn't sit you down and force you to read my stupid blog at gunpoint. I know you will hate me if it goes like that and rest assured I will hate you back for being such an ungrateful ass.

Popular Posts