Well, THIS is a First

(insert -- in YOUR mind -- a TV or movie crime scene where someone has someone's skin and blood under their fingernails from defending themselves).

Yeah, that would have NOT BEEN ME in the past.
When we were young, my older sister had gorgeous fingernails that were tough as nails. In contrast, mine were paper thin and tore rather than breaking. I could never grow mine very long because they would soon tear and had to be clipped.
Today, for the FIRST TIME EVER, I managed to cut myself to the point of bleeding with my own fingernail (technically THUMB NAIL). It's probably due to the skin on my hands currently being more fragile than usual AND thicker nails.

BUT: People need to stop ticking me off. I might actually be able to claw their eyes out now!

(I think I'm HILARIOUS. All my comedian friends tell me to keep my day job -- or would if I had any comedian friends. Or, you know, a day job.)

More seriously: I need to learn new habits. I've NEVER had to be careful of my own fingernails before. They have never before been a danger to me -- except insofar as they could tear, sometimes into the quick, potentially causing pain and bleeding. But they could not themselves dish out damage in the past.

Footnote

My ex might disagree with that. When I was having our second baby, he shooed some nurse off who was crabbing at me for trying to shove his fist into my mouth to bite on it and he said "Honey, you're doing FINE! You haven't drawn blood yet!"

It's the ONLY time he ever mentioned that I apparently drew blood giving birth to our FIRST baby. I don't actually know how I drew blood though, having been wholly unaware of it at the time.

Popular Posts