Fat Deficiency

I bought ghee a couple days back for my dried out hands. I've had three meals that included ghee and the bleeding cracks on my hands are closing up and my hands generally feel less raw.

My fever and back pain are down but eating breakfast put me into WORSE shock than I have experienced in a WHILE, wow.

How is fever and back pain related to butter? Bone marrow is fatty and bone marrow is where white blood cells get produced and the pelvis is the largest well of bone marrow in the body and from what I gather it's where they source bone marrow for transplant.

Not all low back pain is immune distress and I have other things going on in my low back here lately on top of immune distress. I've been having back pain for some weeks now and it's aggravating as all hell but no longer incapacitating.

I was actually looking for coconut oil when I bought the ghee. I recently looked stuff up online and read that Walmart sells ghee online but NOT in store and then I tripped across it in store. I've never seen ghee in a grocery store in my life. I used to clarify butter myself on the stovetop.

Coconut oil is something I have historically used topically to treat my cracked, bleeding, dried out hands and feet BUT I cannot consume much coconut oil orally because it is a metal mobilizer, much more so than butter, and I still have metal in my mouth. Even using it topically, you absorb it and it makes me nauseous and eventually starts promoting headaches because it mobilizes metals.

Past experience suggests ghee or clarified butter (same thing to MY MIND but the internet tells me there are some differences in preparation and flavor) moves metals MORE than solid butter but less than coconut oil.

So I grabbed the ghee as a healthy fat I tolerate well. Clarifying butter cooks off the lactose in butter and I -- like many people with CF -- have issues with tolerating milk products. I do fine with cheese these days, but had trouble with it in the past and I still rarely drink milk, so having butter without lactose in it is a good thing and also ghee is shelf stable. No refrigeration required.

Ghee is less likely to make me nauseous than coconut oil and being able to consume it orally eliminates a lot of hassles involved in trying to apply oil topically to my HANDS.

My hands are healing up faster than I expected with taking it orally. I figured topical would be much more effective than oral consumption and that seems to not be the case.

Popular Posts