Like WHAT IF we ACTUALLY cared about people's HEALTH more than MONEY?

I was hoping to get some idea of how CRISPR and a virus delivery mechanism compare.

Guy cures himself of lactose intolerance via home made virus biotech

I don't know how CRISPR works and I can't readily find an answer that I can parse, but a two-million dollar "cure" (for sickle cell) that isn't even a cure -- well, for that and other reasons, I'm wondering if a viral delivery mechanism would be better and more cost effective.

I'm a little burned out on extremely expensive treatments for genetic stuff that don't even ACTUALLY fix you. I can do better than that for a lot less money and...like what if PROFIT MOTIVE were not part of the picture here? Could we "infect" poor people in Africa with a "cure", sort of like how AIDS is sort of like an ACQUIRED genetic disorder, could we use a virus to ACQUIRE a fix for SOME genetic disorders?

Popular Posts