Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics

This morning, I was thinking about what to TWEET on that platform formerly known as TWITTER and I was considering trying to start a campaign to encourage Americans to get tested for trypanosomas as I believe it is underdiagnosed.

And I was trying to contemplate an angle, a hook, like '...especially if you have a relatively young diagnosis of heart disease" and then I realized that it makes no sense to do that if I can't promote THIS site (which provides info on effective treatment) and I'm NOT promoting THIS site.

I believe I have trypanosomas and I believe I know how to effectively treat it but the official medical position is they can treat the acute stage but there's not much they can do once it's chronic.

So if you were the CDC and not some "nutter" who believes she knows how to treat this stuff, what would be YOUR campaign? Try to figure out how to catch it at the acute stage? And what about all those people who are at the chronic stage?

And then it hit me: THIS is the real reason it is American policy to NOT test for it and NOT track statistics on it nationwide and handwave it off as "a third world problem, nothing we need to worry about": They can't treat it. So why bother testing for it?

Of course, all that means is that you have a lot of people spreading it sexually as well, spreading the disease even more, because they don't know they are infected. But the real reason the official American position is that THIS is NOT an American problem, it's a problem POOR COUNTRIES have is because American doctors can't fix you.

So we sweep it under the rug.

Which means unless MY approach or some other effective approach to treatment were adopted officially, the US government will continue its official position of LA LA LA NOT LISTENING. WE DON'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM and don't confuse me with the facts by KEEPING STATISTICS.

Popular Posts