Too Little Mucus (NSFW)

The current medical dogma is that people with CF overproduce mucus and I know this is bullshit in part because I was fortunate to be raped as a little girl. Yeah, you read that right: Being molested and raped as a child is part of why I was able to solve my health issues.

And the world will NOT want to hear this. I will likely die on the streets because I'm too truthful to be good.

See cystic fibrosis significantly impacts all mucus membranes. This includes but is not limited to the respiratory tract and gut.

People with CF cough up a lot of crud and so the world jumps to the conclusion that we "overproduce mucus" and we are "drowning in our own mucus." It seems LOGICAL.

But it's not and I know this because I'm not squeamish about sexual subjects having spent 3.5 years of my life in therapy with two different ministers telling them every dirty thing that ever happened to me.

The female reproductive system is ALSO coated in mucus. And women with CF tend to be "goopy" down there but it's NOT mucus. It's drainage from infection.

And I know this because I have seen at least two different online discussions where women with CF have talked about how having CF utterly ruined their sex life due to extreme vaginal dryness. This directly contradicts the conclusion that people with CF overproduce mucus.

If people with CF were overproducing mucus, what you should be hearing is that women with CF leave a trail of mucus behind them like a giant slug when they walk and can handle ten men at an orgy and that's not what you hear. You hear they can't have sex because they don't get wet.

So the "goopiness" they report is NOT mucus. It's drainage from infection. If it were mucus, their sex lives would be FINE. And they aren't.

I had to learn this from internet strangers because this was not a big issue for me personally. My condition is mild and I married young to the second guy I met and we were both inexperienced and clueless, so it was only late in life that it really dawned on me that we were doing a lot of accommodating of my mild issues in that regard.

I was fine as long as we didn't uncouple. We just had a policy of not uncoupling once we got started. If we uncoupled, I couldn't make it work again.

I probably don't have those issues anymore. I don't really know. I've been celibate for medical reasons for nearly sixteen years and stuff down there has changed.

At some point, I began waking up during the night freaked out thinking my period had started and I was bleeding all over everything and I wasn't. I was just wet in a way I had never been before.

I know: NO ONE wants me writing about my sex life and girl parts on this blog. Too bad, so fucking sad.

That's the strongest evidence I have that "people with CF overproduce mucus and are DROWNING in their own mucus" is bullshit. My girl parts say otherwise.

You don't like it? Get off my damn blog.

I cough up LESS crap, not MORE when my sinuses are less dry. Mucus is part of the immune system. It helps keep out invaders. If we had too much of it, it shouldn't be letting in invaders. Too little makes more sense as an explanation for our chronic sinus and lung infections: We have no protection in those areas or too little.

The idea that people with CF overproduce mucus is NOT logical. It's just NOT something anyone wants to think too hard about. They don't WANT to talk about the evidence that it's bullshit because the strongest evidence for that is the ruined sex lives of women with CF who suffer extreme vaginal dryness.

So everyone is like "LA LA LA NOT LISTENING" and people are dying because of it.

Except me. Because I'm okay going "Hey, wait a minute..." and thinking about the sex part of the information that is available. It isn't worse than telling a minister about being raped when I was twelve.

Popular Posts