Bad Habits

Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it thousands of times. -- Mark Twain
Bad habits tend to come back during times of stress, so it wouldn't surprise me if Bruce Willis has resumed smoking. But if he has, I would wonder why.

I drink diet coke like it's going out of style. I have judgey relatives who used to act like my health issues were due to my consumption of colas.

Of course, they're not. My health issues are due to my genetic disorder.

But I didn't have a diagnosis and my relatives acted like colas were the root of all evil. However, when I've tried to give up diet coke, my condition gets worse and I can't sustain it. On the other hand, as I treat other things, like removing allergens from my life, my consumption of colas goes down.

Ergo, I need something in the diet coke. Probably the caffeine and coca extract, both of which have medicinal effects.

Bruce Willis's condition has been deteriorating for years. Why would that be?

Damaged tissues attract infection. As infection gets worse, the damage gets worse. That's my best guess for why his condition is deteriorating.

On the one hand, he likely smoked to begin with because he needs more dopamine. Nutritional support would help with something like that.

But I have lived without a car for a lot of years and I used to accept a lot of rides with random people. I once got in someone's car and they were a smoker.

This experience made an impression on me because I have serious respiratory problems and smoking is a bad thing for your lungs, but their car wasn't anywhere near as germy as most cars I got into. I'm pretty sure the smoke was killing stuff in their car.

So let's hypothesize that Bruce Willis is smoking and his brain injury is deteriorating due to infection. One guess: The infection is also in his lungs and he smokes to kill the stuff in his lungs.

If so, he would need other kinds of support to get off the cigarettes, like oil of oregano and maybe guaifenisen. Oil of oregano is a broad spectrum antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal.

Starting not long after I was diagnosed, I took a high dose of oil of oregano for a long time to support my lungs. It kills a lot of things that cause lung infections in specific and only failed me once in that regard.

And if he is smoking, I would hope he finds the support he needs to quit because smoking doubles your risk of stroke and stroke can cause aphasia. It also generally gunks up the blood vessels and interferes with circulation, not a good thing, especially if you have a serious health issue.

You can treat brain injuries, but it's complicated by the existence of the blood brain barrier. Treating his lungs and getting other parts of the system in better shape would be lower hanging fruit and a place to start, a thread to pull to start untangling his health mess.

Oxygen is one of the things the body uses to kill infection and oxygen shouldn't be blocked by the blood brain barrier. And the lungs are a critical system and use a LOT of the same nutritional resources the brain uses, so working on the lungs would be a means to work on the brain -- call it a leading indicator.

This post is hypothetical. The main point is if you have a bad habit, you need to stop and wonder why you do it. What purpose does it serve?

The best way to break a bad habit is to find another, better way to serve the same constructive purpose it serves without the same downsides. You do that by first identifying the constructive purpose it serves.

If will power worked, we wouldn't need so many intensive programs for trying and frequently still failing to treat issues like addiction.

Popular Posts