Treating Metal Poisoning

I've written about this before, but it is kind of rambling. This is intended to be more succinct and hopefully useful.

Most doctors know little or nothing about chelation. That's the process whereby metals are removed from the system.

So chelation is frequently done independently and there are books out there on the subject. The late Dr. Andrew Hall Cutler authored some of them. He had a Ph.D. in Chemistry and worked for many years as a consultant helping people to chelate on their own.

You may be able to find his out-of-print books on Amazon. Last I looked, they were not cheap. His info was considered the gold standard in the chelation community I was part of at one time.

You may also find it helpful to read Dana's View, though the site seems to not be getting updated anymore. Dana was a respected member of the chelation community and very knowledgeable.

Ideally, you find a lab that will test you for which metals you are poisoned by so you know what to treat for and then use a proper chelation protocol. However, my understanding is there is no known chelation protocol for silver poisoning and some people don't get the results they need from chelation.

Also, the standard wisdom is that you must get all metal dental work removed from your mouth before you can chelate. I assume this would apply to other metals (say surgical pins in bone).

I was not in a position to have this done, so I never used a "proper" chelation protocol. Instead, my exposure to the list made me realize that eating daily at Chipotle Mexican Grill had me consuming cilantro, which is a metal mobilizer, and was helping to remove metals from my system without me realizing it and this is part of why I was getting better.

With the help of the list and some trial and error, I found that consuming a cilantro-laced meal once a day followed by a hot bath was helpful. Twice a day was too much.

At some point, I began throwing up and stopped going to Chipotle. I moved to a different town that did not have a Chipotle and took a break from consuming cilantro for a few years. I eventually moved again and was again able to eat at Chipotle occasionally, to good effect.

So my understanding is that chelators do not need any "help" in removing metals from your system but metal mobilizers appear to need a helping hand. I found that hot baths, eating potatoes or drinking coffee helped.

Proviso: Eating potatoes helped absorb stuff coming out of my system and frequently led to vomiting. This put a stop to the headache and made me feel better, but may not be how you wish to handle things. Coffee and hot baths relieved the metal headaches and nausea without promoting vomiting.

Metal mobilizers include: Good quality salt (not table salt), coconut oil and other oils high in medium chain triglycerides (palm oil, clarified butter), cilantro and coriander (another part of the same plant cilantro comes from).

If you cannot remove the metal bits in your body, it is still possible to reduce the overall impact of metal poisoning. Metal mobilizers and taking it slow can help reduce the metal load in your blood stream and tissues while leaving dental work and such intact.

I may never be completely free of metal poisoning but I'm a lot healthier than I used to be.

Footnote

I have described the rather involved process I used of taking a hot bath and wrapping up afterwards for fifteen to forty minutes here: Heat Treatments. If you have access to a sauna, twenty to forty minutes in a sauna might be a good substitute. Just make sure you still get your electrolytes, B vitamins and enough fluids.

If that doesn't work for you, try sleeping with a hot water bottle to try to keep your core body temperature elevated. You will need to wash your bedding more often if you use this approach.

If you don't like coffee, well, neither do I. Cold brew coffee is less bitter, adding a dash of salt to hot brew coffee can make it less bitter (without tasting salty) and I am much more okay with drinking mocha drinks, which are a mix of chocolate and coffee. Coffee flavored candies made with real coffee are also potentially an option.

Popular Posts