Sunday, May 7, 2023

Today is the official end of the first week of May. My ex-husband physically moved out the first week of May a lot of years ago, though I don't remember the specific DATE. Might have been the fifth of May or some other day.

My memory tells me he moved out seventeen years ago. I've been informally tracking it for a lot of years, saying it was "X number of years ago" and that track record says to me seventeen years.

My memory ALSO says it was 2005. My calculator tells me that would be EIGHTEEN years, not seventeen.

So one of those two numbers is WRONG.

Anyway, why is that significant? Because the last time I had sex was with my ex the night before he physically moved out.

Hereafter, I think I shall start saying "I was celibate for seventeen years." and stop indicating whether or not I still AM celibate currently and when that ended, if it did.

People have an extremely excessive interest in me sexually and personally and there are far, far too many people who read every single thing I write and desperately try to interpret it through a lens of "Is she telling ME in specific that I have a shot at her TODAY if I chat her up before anyone else does?" or SOMETHING along those lines.

I'm pretty pedantic and what I've done, medically, is a big deal. I feel an obligation to both accurately track and publish some kinds of info that are medically significant and my long stint of abstinence is medically significant.

It also causes privacy and personal safety issues because, wow, is there a shockingly high number of rapey bastards and bitches in the world who have no goddamned respect for me WHATSOEVER, apparently NO real intimacy with ANYONE ever in their ENTIRE goddamned life and crazy numbers of people read my writing and seem to feel like this is the most powerful, most personal, most intimate relationship of their entire life and I must LOVE them as an individual -- ROMANTICALLY and not platonically -- and THEY MUST HAVE ME.

You know, because that's a COMPLETELY LOGICAL interpretation of "Some woman publishes useful info on the internet for the ENTIRE WORLD to see." Yeah.

So, I WAS celibate a REALLY long goddamned time FOR REASONS OF GERM CONTROL. If you are very seriously ill, this detail may suggest to you that YOU should ALSO pursue a policy of abstinence if you wish to actually get better.

It should not under any circumstance suggest to you that YOU -- yes, YOU -- though you are some random internet stranger reading my blog and had no other relationship to me prior to reading my blog -- are CLEARLY destined to be MY ONE TRUE LOVE.

If you are feeling that way, rest assured there is a very, very long line of OTHER completely pathetic total losers with no life who feel EXACTLY the same way ahead of you.

Why don't y'all go pick out matching straight jackets for your Losers convention and leave me the hell alone.

Popular Posts