Reversing Biofilm

How long this takes will depend in part on how sick you are. If you actually have cystic fibrosis, this can take years to fully resolve and may go through multiple stages.

I began by drinking a few ounces of diet tonic water -- which contains subclinical amounts of quinine -- one to three times per day. Over time, as my acidity levels dropped, this stopped being a good solution for me.

As extreme acidity levels drop, you become at risk of overalkalinizing the stomach in the process of trying to treat the high acidity levels in your general tissues. Alkaline drinks become risky to consume at that point and you really need to be eating alkaline foods that are less likely to have that effect on the stomach while fixing the issue with the tissues.

You can think of it like the difference between having acid building blocks coated with a top layer of liquid alkaline stuff versus having alkaline building blocks. It's better to have alkaline building blocks.

So once I got to the point where I was less extremely acid and also had better mental models, I began eating lettuce about three to five days per week.

I had a corporate job and was very ill and had financial problems. I was mostly getting my lettuce as a bowl of lettuce on the side when I would get lunch at Mo's Southwest Grill and I didn't always make it there consistently. It depended on a lot of factors.

What I observed was that if I skipped one day of lettuce, my lungs were still okay. If I skipped two, they were very clearly worse and it was problematic. If I skipped three, it was a crisis.

Perhaps in theory it would be best to have something strongly alkaline to eat daily, but in practice I have no idea how much fallout that would have. Managing rate of change is a big part of coping with the process of trading short-term costs for long-term gains, which is how you actually get healthier.

Modern medicine tends to trade short-term gains for long-term costs so doctors can claim credit for the "improvements" and wash their hands of your on-going deterioration. Instead of blaming it on the long list of side effects listed in the printed handout, they blame it on your condition, a la "The Normal Progresson of CF".

So it's possible that having lettuce et al DAILY would actually push the process too fast and be problematic. But I will suggest you should be shooting for every other day roughly and a minimum of three days per week so you actually move that needle and break up the biofilm.

Biofilm is not just acidity. It's like a wall of germs terraforming your body. It will actively resist being broken up, so you actually have to work at this. You need to keep pushing and figure out what rate to push at to make real progress without being too hard on your body.

So if you want to make progress, don't drop below three days per week no matter how busy you are. It won't be enough to move the needle on your pH balance and break up the biofilm.

I ate a bowl of lettuce three to five days per week. Other options include cucumbers, celery, LOTS of apples and/or corn (aka maize for non-Americans) and Waldorf Salads.

Also: Avoid peanut oil and limit peanut products while trying to reverse biofilm. Peanut products are extremely pro-inflammatory, especially the oil.

Popular Posts