Stephen Hawking

Stephen William Hawking (8 January 1942 – 14 March 2018) ...

In 1963, at age 21, Hawking was diagnosed with an early-onset slow-progressing form of motor neurone disease ... that gradually, over the decades, paralysed him.

Although Hawking had difficulty walking unsupported, and his speech was almost unintelligible, an initial diagnosis that he had only two years to live proved unfounded.
So he was told he would die in 1965 and lived another 53 years beyond that. No one hounded the man for miracle cures or for explanations for his remarkably long life, given his diagnosis.

Instead, he was remembered as a scientist for things other than failing to die on schedule.

I would really rather be remembered for things other than failing to die on schedule, but I did the full-time wife and mom thing for a lot of years and people seem to have some really big issue with me rudely getting healthier and failing to politely die on schedule.

I've been keeping this blog kind of on the down low and not sharing updates to it via twitter and what not. I am officially reversing that policy.

For now, I will still leave off links to my Patreon, PayPal, etc. Though if this info has been helpful to you and you can afford to kick a few bucks my way, the decent thing to do would be to kick a few bucks my way.

Popular Posts