Semmelweis


Semmelweis was a physician who ran two clinics with drastically different mortality rates. He put together studies and concluded that the difference was explainable due to different practices and he recommended a new hand washing method for physicians generally to reduce mortality. 

But this was before we had Germ Theory, among other things, and he ultimately was locked up in an insane asylum where he soon died, likely as a consequence of a beating by the guards. I somewhat liberally interpret that as "They murdered him for rudely thinking he knew something useful." 

I've spent a lot of years trying to avoid a similar fate. I'm not even a physician. I'm a former homemaker who spent some years homeless, so the world is much more affronted by me rudely making doctors and scientists look stupid.

Years ago, when I was active on cystic fibrosis lists, I was given all kinds of hell for trying to talk with people in a friendly way about what I was doing for my health, my best understanding of why it worked, etc. I eventually unsubscribed from all of them.

When I was on Metafilter,  I was actively bullied by awful people while sick and homeless. Many of these shitbags self identified as Christian but seem to have completely missed the parts of the Bible about Jesus being an advocate for the sick and the poor. 

I was eventually banned for bullshit reasons that boil down to "Staff members had it in for me because they are awful people in need of more therapy than you can get in a single lifetime and they aren't bothering to sort their shit."

In a nutshell, I've been treated amazingly abusively by the world for a lot of years while doing good things for other people who expect me to care about them while none of them really gives a rat's ass about me. 

The information on this site is not monetizable. It's why I didn't bother to list my Patreon or PayPal address here. 

I get accused at times of practicing medicine without a license for leaving comments about home remedies on forums where no money is involved. If I tried to make money from it, I imagine it would only get uglier.

I saw a TV show once that speculated that Joan of Arc probably got treated worse after she said "Fine, okay, okay.  I made it all up. I'm not chosen of God. Please let me out of prison." No, they did not let her out of prison and the person speculated that the prison guards probably began raping her after that when they likely didn't as long as she stuck to her story. 

I am not religious but other people seem to frequently be hellbent on hanging their shit on me with regards to their religion.  These are almost always people who self identify as Christian but who probably ought to be labeled whack jobs.

This site will stay up because I'm not crazy and I'm not making anything up, but I do not really promote it. It's currently a link buried in an about page and I've deleted all tweets about it.

This site is me standing by my "cockamamie" claim that I've gotten myself better when the world says it cannot be done.  But I've been treated so badly, I have zero desire to keep helping other people "out of the goodness of my heart" while they shit all over me.

And this website is insufficient to provide the help some people would like me to provide for free while they refuse to pay me. The info here is somewhat useful IF it is supported with personalized feedback from me for their specific issues, something I'm no longer willing to provide for free to most people (with one and only one exception: A gal in England who has classical CF who messages me sometimes.)

On its own, it's not really useful. In fact, it's dangerous. 

When I was on CF lists, some idiot took my advice to give coconut oil to their child with CF and gave so much the child had such severe diarrhea that a diaper could not contain it. Mom ended up doing a lot of mopping of floors before mentioning the problem to me at which point I said "Lower the dose. You are giving way too much."

For reasons having little or nothing to do with me, another idiot who knew too little about anatomy decided that nebulizing an antimicrobial oil made sense for some damn reason. They thereby gave themselves pneumonia because coating delicate lung tissue with oil is not a good thing.

I had a site for a time called Formulary of Life. My thought was that I would give info about simple fixes, a la "If you have X issue, eat THIS." But I soon concluded that doesn't really work.

It works for me due to a depth of knowledge sufficient to -- in theory -- give birth to a new field of medicine.  In practice,  I am not going to do that.

I'm not a medical professional.  I'm nearly 57 years old and I'm not going back to school to become a medical professional. 

The world hates me for the crime of getting myself healthier when that's not supposed to be possible and the world has not been shy about letting me know how much it would like me dead for that. I've been shunned and that's a means to politely murder someone with plausible deniability.

When people do take me seriously,  no, they won't pay me. No, they don't give a damn about my dire, life threatening degree of intractable poverty while expecting me to care about them and heal them out of the goodness of my heart.

It's an abusive expectation.  I do not owe anyone such help for free while everyone steps over my body in the gutter and loudly proclaims "NOT MY PROBLEM! GET A REAL JOB!"

This site will not be taken down.  This is my story and I am not making it up.

This site is also not medical advice. If you foolishly look to it for help, use at your own risk. I am not responsible for your stupid decisions. 

But I have to find a way to support myself and this is not it and will never be it. Either that or kill myself, an option I am increasingly considering as the only way out of the unending nightmare that is my life where nothing I do ever gets me an adequate income even though people value what I know but absolutely refuse to pay for it.

No, I don't need therapy.  I need money. Go to hell with your faux "concern."





Popular Posts